Sunday, November 7, 2010

Order of operations

B-Brackets
E-Exponents
D-Divide
M-Multiply
A-Addition
S-Subtract




Here are some examples;
2+4÷2x6= 6-2÷2=
2+2x6 = 6-1 =
2+12 = 5 =
14 =
______________________________

Here is a video to help you.


____________________________________________________________________

For our home work,
we had to do some problems;

1. Q. Annie has been asked to calculate 1.7 + 6 ÷ 2. She claims the
answer is 3.85. Do you agree? Explain why or why not.
1. A. I do not agree. Because if the question is 1.7+6÷2, you would have to divide first, heres how it would look if you did; 1.7 + 6 ÷ 2 =
1.7 + 4 =
5.7 =

2. Q. Put brackets in the following expression to get the largest value
possible. What problem solving strategy did you use?
(3 × 2.8) + 6.4 ÷ 4. I used order of operations to solve the problem.
2. A. Red= Answer

3. Q. Create a problem that could be solved using the following
expression.
2.5 + 1.25 + 5 × 1.6
3. A. How much money will I need if I need to buy an Apple pie[$2.5], Bottle of coke[$1.25], and 5 chocolate bars[$1.6 ea.]?

12 comments:

Michael711 said...

Can someone please tell me why my color won't show up when I publish my post?

Kamille817 said...

Hey Michael! Good job for making a scribe post. You had everything we needed.You could also put the steps for bedmas. Anyways, thanks you. ~:D~

beverly814 said...

Good job on your scribe post Michael. You really had everything that we needed to know. :)

ronalen 8-14 said...

hi michael. nice job on your scribe I really like how you explained our home work good job;)

steven711 said...

good job Michael your blog was good. it looks a little dull so you should add some color

karl817 said...

good job michael nice scribe post you gave a good example.

serena 814 said...

Hi Michael, Great job on your scribe post! But for the homework question #2, I think you should put the brackets between the x and the 2 and between the 4 and the =. Giving you the answer 13.2 which i think is the largest value possible.
Great Job Micheal!

irena814 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
irena814 said...

Hi Michael, great work on the scribe post! On question #1, the answer is suppose to be 4.7, not 5.7. Because, you have to solve the division question first, so, it would be 3. Then you have to add 1.7 and 3 together, and that'll give you 4.7, not 5.7. Next time you should add a link, so here's one you may like,
http://www.mathplayground.com/order_of_operations.html
P.S my colour didn't show up on my scribe post when i published it either, so I'd just coloured all of the subtitles and anything I wanted coloured, on to paint and uploaded them on to my scribe post! Great work again Michael!

randolph814 said...

I really like your post!!!!!!!!!! :-)

Joshuarego814 said...

Your scribe is good no actually its not good at all ... IT'S GREAT! so much .. ah forget it im getting to dramatic. Good post um i don't know why your colour won't show up!

Lance873 said...

nice job on the post michael it really helps but i dont know why your colours wont show up sorry