Sunday, November 7, 2010

Order of Operations





















1. Check to see if there are brackets in the question.

2. Check to see if there are exponents in the question.

3. If there is divisio
n or multiplication in the question, start from left, then right. If the question is division first, then you divide. If the question is multiplication first, then you multiply.

4. If there is ad
dition or subtraction, start from left, then right. If the question is addition first, then you add. If the question is subtraction first, then you subtract
(64-32 x 2) + (22-3 2) =
First, look if there is any brackets.Yes, so solve the question in the bracket.

(64-64) + (22- 3 2)=
0 + (22-3 2) =
0 + (22-9) =
Now, do you see addition or subtraction? Yes, so you solve question from left to right.
0 + 13=
= 13




1.





2.






2.5 + 1.25 + 5 x 1.6 =
2.5 + 1.25 + 8 =
3.75 + 8 =
= 11.75
Ashley needs $ 11.75 to purchase the items she wants.



11 comments:

irena814 said...

Hello Serena, I really like your scribe post. I think that you should make your fonts a little larger so people can read it. But other than that it's really good. I agree with you on #2. I too, got the answer 13.2 and I liked how you explained it. Good work Serena!

beverly814 said...

Good job Serena! I really liked your scribe post you really explained everything that we needed to know, you got everything there. You should add some color to make it even BETTER. :)

ronalen 8-14 said...

good job serena yuor blog was good. it looks a little dull so you should add some colour

Michael711 said...

Very good job Serena. Your blog was kind of long BUT it explained everything we did and I like how you made your subtitles, Really catches your eye. You could have added a little more color to make it more fun though. I especially liked the song that explains the Order Of Operations. Really good job!

irena814 said...

Hi Serena! Great work! I really like how you took the advice from the comments and made your post even better! I liked how you added borders and colours to your pictures and subtitles! Great work Serena, oh, and by the way, I really like the Order of Operation song! It really helps me!

abby873 said...

goodjob on your scribe-post serena! its really detailed. and I like how you created your pictures. oh and I like your video how it was really nice HAHA the song really explained all about math! And I really liked it how you explained your work it really helped me ! so goodjob on your scribe-post it really helped me alot!

randolph814 said...

Hey Serena, your scribe post is AWESOME!!!!!! And I really like and GOOD JOB!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

Joshuarego814 said...

Serena the song was funny to me, really funny did i metion it was funny ok whatever i see nothing wrong with this scribe!

Joshuarego814 said...

Serena the song was funny to me, really funny did i metion it was funny ok whatever i see nothing wrong with this scribe!

jairusa873 said...

nice post it really helped me

Lance873 said...

Nice post serena it would really help other people and nice video.