Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Equations

Equations - mathematical statement with 2 expressions that have the same value
eg : x+2=3 , y-7 = (-4) , 3a-2 = 9+2 , b=4

Model 8 times a number plus 4 is 12
8n+4 = 12

Identify : 5y-6 = 19
variable = y
numerical coefficient = 5
constant = 6




Opposite Operations
+, -
x ,
÷
- , +
÷ , x

a+1 = 3
a+1-1 = 3-1
a = 2


Sub
a+1 = 3
2+1 = 3
3=3




Reverse order of operation

4c-3 = 17
4c-3+3=17+3
4c
÷4 = 20÷4
c = 5

Sub
4c-3=17

4(5)-3=17
20-3=17
17=17


here is a game on sovling algebra equations!

here is a video on solving an algebra equation.



3 comments:

aaron873 said...

Hey Hey Hey Hannah. I really like you scribe post I like how you used different colours to know which on is which. I really like you video link and picture those things really help me a lot. I really like how well organized you did it. I lie how you made you font big for other people to see.
Well Good Job Hannah :)

Kamille817 said...

Hey Hannah! I love your scribe post. It really help me a lot! I like how you change font color to make it really attractive. I also love the pictures, it really made me understand more about equations. You post is very well organize. The definitions help me a lot. The examples are also very helpful. To makes your post even better, I suggest you put more pictures.
The link and video also help me ..
Here's another link and video to help you more:http://funschool.kaboose.com/formula-fusion/games/game_great_equations.html
and video link: www.youtube.com/embed/G6fPIVeS_-A

Thanks again Hannah!

beverly814 said...

Hey Hannah, great scribe post. I liked how you made everything very organized to catch the readers attention. It was also very easy to read and understand. I liked how you added color to make it stand out more. Your picture explained a lot but you could of added a bit more other than that great job on your post. :)
Here's another video I found for you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAerID24QJ0