Monday, October 18, 2010

Test corrections for # 5

Question:

Indicate whether the statement is true or false.


___ 5. A coordinate grid has the following pairs

(-2,-5), (0,-4), (3,0), (4,1), (5,2), (6,3), The point (0,4) is out of place.


How I got the answer wrong...

Well first, I plotted all of the points on a coordinate grid and it showed me this...


Light Green being all the other points

Dark Green being (0,-4)











I thought that since the (-2,-5) is further away from all the other points, it is also out of place with (0,-4) so I put F-for false. BUT I WAS WRONG!


Answer:

The answer is T-for true. Even though (-2,-5) are further away from the other ordered pairs, they all still form a straight diagonal line. The only point out of place is (o,-4).









Here's a link to fun games about coordinate grids.



Here's a Video about Horizontal and Vertical Distances




No comments: